Sunday, March 22, 2009

How we met

"Isn't love a wonderful feeling" asked Shishira. A sudden bout of giggles over came her.


Vasanti and Varsha were all smiles. However Grishma did not look convinced. "Somehow, you never gave me the impression that love was something which would move you"



"I guess it does when you find the right person." retorted Shishira.



"With a lot of money of course"



Shishira looked a little flustered " It wouldn't hurt, would it? Anyway, the kind of places that I worked, you would never come across anyone poor"



"Ohh! So he worked with you" Varsha asked



"Get real, will you. She probably worked for him"



" Well , you could say so. After we left home, I moved to Mumbai. You knew how little money we all had. I was lucky to come across a nice family with whom I travelled all the way. "



"Once I reached mumbai , I did a lot of odd jobs. A year later, I got a job in this swanky restaurant. It was here that I met him. He owned the place. And he used to come down to check if everything was in order. Slowly the frequency of his visits increased. One day he asked me if I would marry him and I agreed. "


"Hmm! That explains it. He only saw you, he did not know you" said Grishma



" You could say that" snapped Shishira "We got married shortly after that. I took an active part in his business and help it grow and today life is pretty comfortable."



"I'd give that to you, you have a keen business acumen" said Grishma.


"Give it a rest grishma" said Varsha "I am happy that you got what you wanted Shishira. So, you have any kids?"


"Aryan, he's six years old" Said Shishira with a smile on her face


"You know what, for once I see genuine affection for someone on your face. Glad to know." quipped Grishma " By the way, did you change your name when you named your kid. Shishira too downmarket for you? "


"Grishma!!"


"It's ok Vasu di, let me answer her question. I changed my name long before I met Tushar. I wanted to cut off all the ties with my past, so that nobody could trace me. It was a difficult decision. My name was the only connection left. The only memory of mother and father. But I did not want to be traced at any cost. They had named us after the four seasons. So I changed my name to something that would still remind me of shishira."

The four of them became silent, each lost in her own thoughts.

No comments: